Monday, 11 December 2006

Hold it!

My mother-in-law has been us in France for 3 weeks to help us with the baby and we thank God for her! She has been doing most of the night shifts, and as a result, has not been getting much sleep.



Why? Well, because Baby Bel has been crying a lot due to colic, and it's been quite challenging at times for the new mommy and daddy to keep calm first, before trying to calm Baby Bel down.



Personally, I always turn to the "colic hold" solution (illustrated in the photo attached).


Sometimes, once Baby Bel is held in that position, she stops crying immediately. At other times, she can still continue to yell her head off, and believe you me, she has very strong vocal cords already! Almost invariably, we all land up singing to her. The side effect of this is that I've actually started to hum nursery rhymes when I am at work or driving in the car!

No comments: