Friday, 25 May 2007

What's new on the menu today Mummy?

1. Natural yoghurt with pear compote
Verdict: a quizzical look, failing arms and legs to indicate a YES! Five spoonfuls later, a frown, a grimace, noting the sourish taste... spits everything out... Our girl has delayed taste buds... 2/5

I remember that I had asked one of Kevin's friends what she was feeding her son that day (who was as they say in France, "costo", meaning well rounded and big but not fat). When she said courgette, I nearly fainted. Huh? Courgette? Isn't that like "big people" food? Okay, then I was not a mum, neither was I pregnant. I thought young babies only ate cereal.

So here I am, making courgette for my baby. Yes! Homemade courgette purée so that she'll grow up to be big and strong.

Baby Bel waiting to be fed... Look at her happy face when she spots the food. (Check out her teeth)

2. Sweet potato with homemade courgette (zucchini) purée
Verdict: Grins, smiles, laughs, vigorous arms, legs and head movements, a resounding YUMMY! Give me more courgette tomorrow Mummy!!! 5/5

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Laetitia loves courgette too. I usually make them with potato and some meat (today it was lamb). Once in a while I add in other vegetables (like leeks, ginger or onions) or to give it more flavour.

Ivana said...

Oooh... that sounds like a great recipe. I never thought of adding onions. Will contact you for more details! Yummy! Lucky Lae = )